PT004 – Basic Contract Law for Project Management
Please contact us for details on when this course is scheduled to be delivered
One Day Early bird price - £320
Delegates will significantly improve their commercial awareness on this one day course, which has been designed for all project personnel, including Project, Programme and Portfolio Managers, project team members and project support staff. This is a highly interactive course which will give delegates a practical knowledge of contract law relevant to their working environment. After attending this course, delegates will be able to act with more confidence in business and minimise the commercial risk to their organisation or, indeed, their clients'.
By the end of this course delegates will:
- Have an improved understanding of the 'contract lifecycle'
- Have achieved a greater familiarity with the contractual document
- Have an improved understanding of what is within the boundaries of a contract and is therefore legally enforceable
- Have a greater understanding on how to engage with other businesses through increased awareness of the legal implications
- Have discovered ways of limiting project risk through contract management
- Have an Increased awareness of contractual terminology.
Who Should Attend/Pre-requisites
The course is suitable for all project personnel, including Project, Programme and Portfolio Managers, project team members and project support staff.
- Forming a contract: Sources of Law; Types of a contract; Formal contractual relationships
- Contract Management: Risks; Terms of Payment
- Written Commercial Contracts: Contract structure and Standard Form of contract; The Parole Evidence Rule; Execution
- Terms of a Commercial Contract: Identification; Incorporation; Interpretation; Classification; Regulation
- Discharge of Contract: Discharge by performance; Discharge by breach; Discharge by agreement; Discharge by Frustration.
Your Next Step
Request further information on this course from our Training Team by email or telephone 01225 820980.
Note: prices are ex VAT